Tuesday, November 5, 2013

And Then I Turned 30

Saturday August 17th was my birthday and I turned 30. I remember my sorority joked that your 22nd birthday is when you became "old and crusty". I guess in the eyes of a college student 22 is pretty old, but 30 is a lot older!

We were on our way to Milwaukee and had spent Friday night in a random hotel off the freeway in Tomah. I woke up to a birthday balloon and banner decorating the room- which is kind of a family tradition. We ate hotel breakfast, which happens to be Adam's favorite kind of breakfast and then did a swim in the pool.  Adam is tall enough to stand by himself in the shallow end of the pool. Then I found a trail and decided to go for a long 7 mile run. Dave brought the boys to a park along the trail and they played in soft white sand under the playground.


Then we got on the road and decided to pick up McDonalds for lunch while Eli napped in the van. We drove to the Dells and we went for a family Duck ride. It was loud and more time was spent in the woods then the river- next time we do the Wisconsin River via canoe or kayak or floating on a tube or anything besides the Ducks.

We got to Milwaukee and handed the boys over to my mother and father inlaw in the hotel and we went to tail gate before the brewers game with several of our college friends. Dave's Best Man Adam had a baby and this was a post baby shower extravaganza weekend.


It was fun to let loose and have fun with our friends and have the whole stadium sing Happy Birthday to me (okay it was Bernie the Brewers Mascot's birthday, too)

No comments: