Thursday, September 10, 2015

1st Day of 1st Grade



Adam has been excited about going back to school practically all summer long. If I ever accidently told Adam that going to daycare was "a school day" he would enthusiastically ask, really? So when the day finally came I could tell he was ready to face West Elementary again.


 
Tuesday was orientation and I remember last year being stressed to put away school supplies while holding baby Isaac and being so flustered and probably nervous about Adam starting school that I couldn't really focus and understand much of what his teacher said during her presentation. So this year was going to be different we were going to go early with plenty of time to park and unpack supplies before his teacher started talking. So I was completely taken a back when I walked into Adam's classroom 10 minutes early to then end of his teachers presentation. I thought his orientation started at 11:30, but it started at 11. It was okay but I still feel like I'm missing information from that presentation that I didn't get to watch. I just assumed I would find a packet in his folders with all the information printed so I could read it later. Maybe I'll get his teacher to email the presentation to me?
 
 
 
Back to Adam's first day of school. He said it went great. Only kindergartners are young enough to need snack, kindergartners also wear a different color bus pass on their way home and today I caught him trying to leave his bus tag that he's supposed to wear around his neck at home. I guess 1st graders are too cool to wear bus numbers, "because, ma-ahm I know which bus to ride!" But the real question is when will he be too cool to hold up his grade and smile for pictures? I hope not any time soon.

No comments: