Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas,

To save the environment I decided not to print and include our traditional Christmas Letter in with our Christmas card (well that and I didn't buy any pretty Christmas paper), so instead I am posting it here on our Blog.

We spent the first six months of the year preparing for the addition of a baby to our family. On June 26th Adam Louis Schwedler was born. He has been an amazing baby and it has been so much fun to watch him grow and discover the world around him. He has mastered rolling, squealing and raspberry noises and is now working on sitting up and eating solid food.

When Adam was 7 weeks old we all went on a whirlwind tour of the Midwest to go to two weddings in one weekend. We went to Dave's roommate, Zack's wedding in Warren Michigan on Friday and then drove to Peoria Illinois for my girlfriend Kathleen's wedding on Saturday. Looking back on that trip I think we were crazy, but I'm so glad we didn't miss those weddings. (We missed two weddings in June because I couldn't travel close to my due date, sorry guys).

Then in September we added another member to our extended family- Titus and Ann got married. Adam was able to meet the whole family at once and it was an awesome Schwedler Wedding Weekend. Enough said.

I was able to spend four months off of work enjoying Adam. After I went back to work Dave took a month off too. Speaking of work Dave got a new job (still with 3M) in January working with slitters that cut up film and tape and when I went back to work I got a new job too (again at 3M)- I still work with electrical tape, but now I deal with the machine that puts it in a plastic can and I make the sticky.

Dave and I weren't the only ones in the household to start new jobs this year, Brockway has become our household newspaper retriever. Near the end of my time home I started working with Brockway to train her to get the newspaper for Dave in the morning. She took to the new job quickly (she didn't get her breakfast until she did it). She also loves Adam a lot. He receives more kisses from her than us on any given day, in return Adam provides Brockway with plenty of squeals and smiles.

Adam started daycare in December and we are all still in the process of figuring out what the new normal is. I have been using this blog to keep the family (mostly the grandparents) up to date on Adam. So if you check back from time to time you too will be able to know what the "Western Minnesota Schwedlers" are up to in 2010.

Have a Happy Holidays,
Sarah, Dave, Adam and Brockway

No comments: