Monday, May 31, 2010

Trust Fall

I remember in high school having to do team building exercises. Most of the time they included the trust fall. Where your partner is behind you and you cross your arms shut your eyes, pray that the little 110 pound girl you were partnered with doesn't drop you to the ground and then lean back.
Adam has started to do a trust fall this weekend. His is a little different though. I've been sitting a few feet in front of him to try to get him to walk to me when he's standing up. And he giggles and then leans forward real hard and fast with his eyes wide open. The first time I failed to catch him and he landed in my lap (thankfully there was no crying). Every once and a while he picks one foot up as he lunges toward me. I'm not sure why I'm trying so hard to help him learn how to walk. I want him to be my little baby and walking is the last step to becoming a toddler. It's not a race, but yet Dave and I are cheering him on so loud that it really does feel like one.
The picture below really illustrates the mood Adam had all weekend. He was so happy and giggly and playful. It was a great long weekend just spending time together as a family.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Looking forward to seeing our stand up guy.