Friday, November 12, 2010

Big Brother

Adam has some big news! He's going to be a big brother around April 30th 2011. That will make Adam and his sister/brother about 22 months apart. He did a great job when his cousin baby James was here to visit, so I'm sure he'll make a great big brother! He was very gentle with James and interested interested in helping. He was willing to share mom's lap with the baby, although a couple times he cried when I held James. The best was when we were out to eat Adam would entertain/play with James after he finished eating. It's so cute to watch a toddler play with a baby!
I'm already 16 weeks and I just feel like this pregnancy is flying by. I was queasy almost immediately (2 weeks before the positive pregnancy test). I can't eat too many sweets without getting sick. With Adam all I wanted was sweets, this time I can and do say no thanks a lot. I was waiting for the exhaustion to hit like it did with Adam, but other than having a hard time dragging myself out of bed in the morning (normally I'm a complete morning person) and a couple rough afternoon meetings I was doing fine. I could stay up late, sometimes even later than Dave. Ever since the time change it's been a different story. I can't stay up past 8:30 and I'm falling asleep on the couch every night. Hopefully this exhaustion will let up soon.

I started showing way sooner this time. At 11 weeks my aunt asked me "Sarah are you expecting again or are you getting fat?" I wasn't really ready to tell the whole family, but I was sick of lying. The following week we had our doctors appointment and when our doctor couldn't find the heart rate on the doppler she brought in the little portable ultrasound machine to check. There is just one baby in there and everything looked great. At our second appointment this week it took her a while, but we got to hear baby's heart beat- low 150s. Right now I'm betting on boy, we'll hopefully find out before Christmas!

No comments: