Sunday, June 3, 2012

A trip to the Zoo

Our weekend started and ended the same way with a little dance party in on our private dance floor (otherwise known as our living room).  Tonight the precourser to the dance party was Daddy made special banana splits.

Yesterday we finally joined the 21st century and got smartie pants phones.  It's way too much fun (and expensive).  So after spending a lot of time at Best Buy to get our phones all set up we drove into the cities to go to the zoo.  My parents and Uncle Henry met us there.

It was the perfect day for the zoo temperature wise.  I think it's the first time I've been to the zoo in nice weather since we went with my parents the weekend before my wedding.  Ahhh memories of the carefree time before kiddos.

The bears were so close that Adam needed to be held.  I don't blame him those are some big Russian Bears!
 I told Eli that a Tiger says roar and all he did was toar the whole time we looked at the Tigers.  In fact Eli roared at all of the animals from that point on.  I never realized that camels, prairie dogs and goats roared.
 There were the cutest little baby prairie dogs and when the barked they are so tiny they would jump.  Both boys loved them.
 I asked Adam if he wanted to go for a camel ride expecting him to say no, but to my surprise he shouted yes!  So around a little tiny circle we went on a camel.
Eli's two favorite animals were probably the prarie dogs (he tried to climb out of my moms arms and into the enclosure) and the goats.  He fed the goats which made me nervous, but he just through the food through the fence so he still has all ten fingers.  
 Uncle Henry split his time carrying either Eli or Adam.  He's so good with the boys and they sure love him.
 Yeah we had a great weekend and a wonderful time at the zoo.
It was such a great weekend that when we ran out for a trip to Best Buy and Culver's the boys passed out in the van.  So instead we ran a bunch of errands (one of us would stay in the car of course).
 And my other favorite picture from my smartie pants phone:


No comments: