Saturday, October 6, 2012

Six Years


I've been spending a lot of time running lately. I'm training for a half marathon and it's two weeks away. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run 11 miles! That's a long way. Today I went out for my run and ran past our  photographer Renee shooting wedding photos in the park. I yelled hi and congrats as I ran by- thinking wow 6 years ago that was me. Now I have a husband, a house, a dog and two wonderful boys. Tomorrow is our six year anniversary. We actually started dating October 30th 2001- so we've been together for 11 years. My husband gets more attractive every year that goes by.
Dating 2004
Engagement photos via 2005
1st Anniversary at Cafe Lucrat
2nd Anniversary trip to the North Shore
3rd Anniversary Monday Night Viking - Packer game
4th Anniversary trip in July to Glacier
5th Anniversary- Winery and Swing Dancing
The most recent picture of just us two from Easter
We were supposed to be camping with our friends this weekend, but with the temperatures flirting with freezing at night and not warming up much during the day we decided to stay home instead. Thank goodness because Adam was up several times last night. I spent the morning in urgent care and despite my mom intuition the ear check and strep test both came back negative so he has a cold.

Depending on our boys attitude and sick level we may venture out as family to celebrate 6 years of marriage. Dave and I went out to the Melting Pot last Friday for a pre-anniversary dinner and our mini vacation was also a pre-anniversary trip, so if we just spend the day taking care of our sick children that will be okay too.

Happy Anniversary Dave! Thank you for being a great husband, a patient father and being so supportive of me and my goals (running a 10k, the half & starting my new job).

No comments: