Wednesday, May 8, 2013

2nd Birthday at the Farm

We started celebrating Eli's 2nd birthday a day early with a cute little cake Auntie Brooke brought for after dinner.


Eli's actual 2nd birthday fell on a Saturday, but unfortunately dad was working the weekend on midnight shift (have I mentioned Dave is doing shift work). So instead of a great big party I opted to go to my Grandparents farm house to celebrate with my mom's extended family. I remember celebrating our summer birthdays at the farm with cake (the pictures below are from Henry's 2nd birthday in 1988). It just felt right to bring my son their to continue the tradition while I still can.
Left to right- my aunt Bernie, uncle Charlie, Henry (2nd birthday), cousin Vanessa, Matt, Mom, Me

No clue who top left is, Me, Matt, Danny, Jonathan
In the morning the house was decorated when Eli woke up and we played with all of our farm toys that I had set up around the house.

My dad made hamburgers,  hot dogs, mac & cheese and potato salad for dinner. We ate at the large table my grandfather made. It feels strange that he isn't sitting at the head of the table like he always did my whole life. Several of my aunts and uncles and some of my cousins came over to celebrate.
I made a tractor cake using a friends molded pan and got my artistic mother and aunt to frost it.


The boys got to play on a tractor four wheeler. Adam even let Eli drive first.


Their favorite thing was just running around on the farm enjoying the freedom and space while being boys. Eli had a great 2nd birthday!



No comments: