Thursday, July 11, 2013

Got Equipment? Summer Park Tour

On Monday night Dave was still sick with not West Nile, but pneumonia (who saw that one coming?!?) So I packed up our children and biked them to Music in the Park that was being hosted by our dentist office. We haven't made it to very many nights of Music in the Park this summer probably because the music hasn't really impressed me. Monday night was advertised as "Big Band" music, but really it was more German sort of Polka style. Adam and Eli weren't very interested and I wasn't either. We ate our pie and when we were almost ready to leave our dentist office showed up with face painting, free tooth brushes, helium balloons and bean bag throwing with sand toy prizes. That kept us at the park for two more songs and then we packed up and stopped by the library to pick out four kids books and play with the doll house.


 On our way home we stopped at Fireman's Park really quick. All it has is this jeep/car thing and monkey bars, but Adam and Eli thought it was great. "I'm parking it, I'm parking it, mommy!" Eli exclaimed as they both pretended to drive the vehicle. Two steering wheels take the car from good to great.
Adam decided he wanted to try out the monkey bars with my help, but the balloon got caught on the bars and floated away before I could do anything. I hate that life lesson. Eli cried, "mommy get it. I can't reach it!" And Adam cried that I didn't tie it onto his wrist tight enough, which must have been true. There was nothing I could do to get it back and so we went home one balloon lighter and another park crossed off our summer tour list.

A few weeks ago we went to Roberts Park. It too is a little sparse for playground equipment. But the slide, swings and what ever that climbing thing is in the middle kept my sons busy for 20+ minutes.
The real reason to go to Roberts Park is to watch daddy play softball, not the playground.

1 comment:

enTHRALLed said...

i like the pic with two balloons... before one flew away to balloon heaven...

Love the pic of boys watching Dad on deck! super cute!