Sunday, July 28, 2013

I Wanna Float Down the River With You

Yesterday I was so excited to go for a canoe ride with my boys. I had been planning and dreaming (mostly dreaming) about it all week. I packed lunches and our essentials while Dave got the canoe ready. We drove 1/2 mile to the landing on Crow River just down the road. The boys were so excited. Adam had a smile plastered to his face the whole time. The wind was strong so we choose to paddle up stream on the Crow River instead of exploring the two lakes in town.
We had lunch on a sandbar at the opening of the river to the lakes.


Then we paddled up stream around many curves- creeking which is my favorite kind of canoeing. I kept asking Adam and Eli if they wanted to turn around and go home, but they insisted they were having fun and wanted to keep exploring.


Next time I hope we make it a little further, because it was so much fun. The boys did really well and sat in their little double seat my dad put in our boat last summer. It became apparent that Eli needed his nap towards the end of the paddle based on him not being able to keep his hands to himself. I mapped it out and we paddled about 5.5 miles in about 2.5 hours. A wonderful Saturday family adventure for sure!

2 comments:

Dave said...

It is nice to see the boys make good use of the double seat. It looks like a great day.

enTHRALLed said...

love it! I think Brockway would like to go too!