Sunday, August 17, 2014

Avenger Birthday

When I realized my due date for Isaac was in June I knew a birthday party for Adam close to his birthday was probably out of the question. It just takes too long to heal from a c-section. So I held off planning the party until I was actually feeling good, which meant Adam's party was a little over a month late. Better late than never right?

So I asked Adam what he wanted for a birthday theme and he said Avengers and I thought that sounds awesome and immediately started a pintrest board. Everyone got an Avengers Mask made from felt- should have made all Iron Man masks because that was the favorite.



Each boy got to decorate their own Thor hammer with stickers.


Thor ready to save or smash the city?

I painted a bunch of boxes grey with paint I mixed from leftovers to look like a city skyline. I had meant to put windows on them, but it didn't happen and the boys didn't care. They kept knocking over and smashing the city and I would put it back together for them to smash again.
 And of course every ones favorite- the pinata. I wanted to make one with Adam, but I plead an exhausted newborn mamma who had already completed probably one to many pintrest projects so Walmart purchased spidey pinata it was.


Avenger themed snacks before the delivery pizza showed up (which was worth every penny). I made a Captain America fruit tray, Thor Hammer cheese sticks and a veggie tray that makes the Hulk turn green.




 One of my favorite pictures- Adam had just opened his good friend Austin's present and Austin said, " Adam, Adam turn the toy and look at your mommy, she's going to take our picture" And then they smiled.


Successful 5th Avenger birthday party- check! We love you Adam!

1 comment:

Dave said...

That was a wonderful day, as yesterday was, also. You sat for a beautiful photo.