Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy Doctors Appointment (35w1d)

Yesterday was our 35 week appointment. I had the lovely group B strep test and our doctor decided to check out my cervix for extra fun. She told me at our last appointment that at 35 weeks I shouldn't be dilated at all. I of course asked well what happens if I am and we had the possible bed rest talk. Well sure enough I was dilated 1 cm yesterday. I asked if that means I have to stop taking the dog for long walks, golfing and swimming and she said no, she's not worried at all, few. Well then she measured my fundal height which should match the number of weeks pregnant I am. I was measuring 32 cm 3 cm off and no change from my 33 week appointment. I actually had a nightmare on Sunday night that I was still measuring small and had to get an ultrasound. In my dream the placenta stopped working so the baby had to be delivered early. So I was freaked out when the doctor told me I was measuring small.

So today we had an ultrasound to check up on baby and make sure he/she is a good size. This marked the third ultrasound we could have found out if we were having a boy or a girl, my will power is really being tested! The head was measuring 38-39 weeks, the little belly was measuring 33 weeks and the leg measurement was 35 weeks. The ultrasound estimated the baby to weigh about 5lb 11oz. Dave thought he saw that baby was in the 50th percentile. So although I haven't heard from my doctor that everything is fine, I'm not worried at all. And I almost forgot today the heart rate was 154 bpm and yesterday it was 150.

I had another shower last weekend. Brooke threw me an awesome shower here in Hutchinson and invited my coworkers and volleyball friends. Baby's got even more cute things now! I'll post pictures once I steal them from Brooke. We also finished up our birth preparedness class this weekend. I learned a lot, but in order to keep people from being creeped out I won't share...

I'll have to post a belly picture later. Judging by the itchiness and appearance of new stretch marks I'd say it probably grew today!

No comments: