Monday, May 25, 2009

Too Pregnant To Travel (36w0d)

Well this Memorial Day weekend I was too pregnant to really travel, so I stayed home. Dave flew to Chicago on Saturday morning for a bachelor party and he came home Sunday afternoon. I think he was worried I'd go into labor, but I assured him the little guy wasn't coming out anytime soon.


It was a great Holiday weekend for our dog. When I got home on Friday I let Brockway outside and saw that Dakota our neighbor dog was outside with Gizmo, Brockway's favorite Beagle (our neighbor's sister's dog). So Brockway got to run and play with the dogs and that wore her out. Later that night we went to Nicole and Mike's apartment to watch the twins game. We walked over with a Brockway and she carried the beer in her backpack. Brockway and Lucky (Lucky's the lab with Brockway in the picture above) had a ton of fun playing and I think I watched them more than the game. I'm glad that the Twins beat the Brewer's though! Dave made me wear his jersey:
Then on Saturday I drove into the cities with Brockway so we could visit my parents. We met them at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market. Brockway was such a good dog the whole time we were at the Market. I was afraid she would get too excited and jump on people, but she stayed really calm (probably still worn out from Friday night). She loves my parents so she had a great day on Saturday. My mom and I went shopping for a few baby items and flowers. I wasn't planning on planting eight months pregnant, but after seeing all the pretty flowers I really wanted to.


Sunday morning Brockway begged to go play with Gizmo and Dakota again, so I hung out with our neighbor Amy and her sister in law for a little while. Amy is pregnant too, due in October with her first. Hopefully our kids will enjoy playing together! After Dave got home we went to my coworkers house for a barbecue. There were two 6 week old baby's at the party (I'm holding both in the picture to the right), so both Dave and I got practice holding and calming little babies down. I even got to change a poopy diaper! I think Dave is going to make a great dad:
On Monday Dave and I hung out around the house and planted all the flowers I had bought over the weekend.

No comments: