Monday, February 15, 2010

Call Me Anything, Just Don't Call Me Late for Dinner

Adam started last week with a cold. Runny noise and a cough. As the week went on his little cough got worse and worse. All of the babies in the infant room had a seal-like-cough last week. On Wednesday night daycare sent Adam home with a 99 fever, but we checked it all night long and never saw a temp above 98.6. Plus he seemed like normal Adam, besides a little labored breathing, that I thought was because of his stuffy noise. Thursday I found out after lunch one of the babies in Adam's daycare was in the hospital with RSV. What is RSV? I actually had to google it to find out. It's a nasty cold that lasts a little longer if an adult gets it, but when a child under 2 gets it they can have respiratory problems. The symptoms are runny noise (check), seal like cough (check) and wheezing (oh-no check). So I started to worry, and I got back to my desk to a voicemail from daycare. They thought Adam was wheezing. He was having a hard time breathing. You could feel the wheezing when you held him and it had got a lot worse over the course of the day. So one long trip to Urgent Care later and we are now the proud owners of a Nebulizer and a ten day supply of antibiotics for a double ear infection.

We each took a half day on Friday to take care of our little Man. The Nebulizer treatments worked so well that by the time I came home on Friday afternoon Adam seemed almost normal. He spent a good portion of the afternoon playing on the living room floor. At one point he was facing the other direction and I was on the couch. I said "Adam... Adam... ADAM" he totally ignored me, so I said "Brockway" once and he immediately turned around and looked at me. I did this one more time and got the same response. I'm afraid my son may think his name is Brockway. And it makes a little sense because we do say her name probably 5 times more than we say Adam's on any given day. Oops..

On a side note I found a little tooth starting to peek out on the bottom.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Brockway is kinda distinguished. I like it.