Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday Night


Ahhh Thursday Night, you could easily become my favorite night of the week. Our family has absolutely no programing on Thursdays anymore (last fall we had ECFE class and I had volleyball). So I picked Adam up and when we got home we had a little snack to try and avoid any tantrums. Then Dave started the coals for grilling while we all played in the snow in our front yard. Adam got to ride in his new double stroller that we just purchased last weekend (yay our first baby #2 purchase) while we went for a walk.

When we got back from the walk the coals were ready so Adam and Dave cooked the steaks on the grill while I cooked the potatoes and veggies inside. They were dancing and singing to country in the garage (I believe the line Adam appropriately repeated was "keep your hands to yourself").

We ate our delicious dinner as family and still had lots of time left for playing. Some nights as soon as dinner is over it's time for bath, jammies, books and bed. Adam was trying to get Brockway excited by telling her, "Brockway, Grandpa's here. Grandpa's here to play." Brockway didn't believe him. Later we skyped with Grandpa Bob and Grandma Denise, because Adam wanted to ask Grandpa Bob to come and play. At first we couldn't get him talk to grandpa and grandma, but after a little while he opened up. He was playing hockey and playing with the bus for grandma and grandpa and didn't want to say goodbye.

In baby #2 news we had another check up this week. Heart rate was in the 140-145 range. Our Doctor agreed with me that he's most likely head down, but he probably has enough room to flip around still. I talked to our doctor about leg muscle pains I've had for a month and she suggested I stretch. Why don't I think of these simple solutions, so last night I did my prenatal yoga DVD and today my legs felt great. So my doctor has helped me determine I need more sleep when I'm exhausted and I should stretch when my leg muscles hurt... wow can you say pregnancy brain!
I'm looking forward to our relaxing we're not leaving Hutchinson and have almost nothing planned weekend.

No comments: