Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

Last summer I was so excited to think about family biking this summer.  I couldn't wait for Eli to be one and our family to be able to go for bike rides together.  We're even hoping to bike to work and do drop off with the carrier and spend less time in the car around town.  So to celebrate Mother's Day 2012 we went for a bike ride with my parents.
 It wasn't a very long ride and even though it was Mother's Day and everyone offered to pull the boys- I still pulled the heavy load that is my precious cargo behind my bike.

We even stopped to enjoy the beautiful day along the trail.  Then we packed up and headed to my grandparents farm for supper with several of my aunts and cousins.  My dad made spaghetti and everyone except us brought desert.  There was Humming Bird cake, chocolate ice cream cake, strawberry pie and peach cake.  It was mother's day- so I had one of each and a Latte on my way home!

On Saturday I ran my first 5K of the season.  I finished 25th with a time of 25:35.  I was actually a little nervous because I was placed on the fast team for the 3M team of the Triple Crow Series of races in Hutchinson this summer.  My team is firmly in first place and I don't think I let them down!  

No comments: