Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Little Man Party

I wanted to throw Eli a little Man themed Birthday party.  It kind of all started with the invitations, well and Pinterest.  I'm addicted to pinterest and pinning and searching for ideas has been a lot of fun.  So this was the invitation I created on Snapfish and the minimum order was 20, so we ended up sending out almost that many invites.  And we only got two no's so our house was packed!

Then I got to work crafting everything I had pinned.  I started Easter weekend making t-shirts with ties that I cut out and glued and my mom sewed.  I also started cutting out felt mustaches.  My in-laws gave me some New Years top hats and derby plastic hats.  I used the leftover tie fabric to make a pennant banner which will now hang in the boys room.

I spent a lot of time using my cricut for ties and mustaches.  Tie welcome banner and felt mustaches on a stick for decoration/funny photos.  The picture of the month banner was also super cute and easy to make (I threw that one together as my inlaws showed up).
The tie shirts turned out so cute and they took a long time, so I decided to use freezer paper as a stencil with fabric paint to make some bibs that fit with the theme, but using the cricut to cut out the design and then slowly painting each bib in multiple sessions made the project drag on, but they turned out so cute it was worth it. Ties and Mustache's for the Little Men and a bow necklace for the Little Lady.

I wanted to have Eli's favorite foods- so we had to have macaroni and cheese, pigs in a blanket, squeeze apple sauce and fresh fruit.  I also made onesie cut out cookies and frosted them white with a blue tie and then there were cup cakes, lots and lots of yellow cake mix cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Half the cupcakes were filled with chocolate pudding, half without.  I made 12 cupcake toppers so many cupcakes went without a cute little topper.  We also had salsa and chips, fresh veggies and pulled pork sandwiches.
Eli got a special smash cake.  Double layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles please.  Don't worry we pulled the candle and sticks holding the banner out before we him touch the cake.
Little Man tasted his cake,
 decided he liked and dived right in face first:
 He got cake and icing up his little noise because he just kept face planting the cake!  Everyone was laughing so hard.  I have to admit I've never seen anything quite like it before.

All of the kids changed into their tie shirts and some how I managed to get one picture of them all.  Surprise-surprise Adam was the last one to agree to a picture!


Happy Birthday Little Man!  Your first birthday party turned out great.  I hope you had as much fun as I had planning your special party!
 And now to plan a three year old's Construction Party!

No comments: