Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Being a Haved Boy

Adam walked into the house with a sucker in his mouth Sunday after a trip to the grocery store with Dad. "Adam, why did you get a sucker?" I asked

"I was being a haved boy," he told me. He thinks the past tense of behaving is being haved.

I love all the special ways that Adam pronounces words. 

Oflympics
(Olympics)
Slissors 
(scissors)
Algona
(Algoma)
Con-no
(condo)
Holy
(Coleman, but not sure why he calls it that)

And I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now. I probably should help Adam pronouncehis words correctly, but every time I hear him mispronounce words it makes me smile.

3 comments:

MomPuskala said...

Grandpa Cereal (Cyril)

Dave said...

Sounds like his German heritage is coming through in the form of separable, irregular verbs.

MomPuskala said...

Yes, it is actually progression and not regression as he is no longer just repeating what he hears but experimenting with using the language - wonderful!