Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Tea and Children's Party

Thursday night was vacuuming and putting the Christmas tree up.
Friday Dave and I left work early to go to a friends wedding in the cities.  My wonderful parents picked up the boys from daycare and spent the evening with them. We spent the night celebrating Mandi and Justin's wedding with work friends and then drove the hour and a half back to Hutch. We got home at 12:30 AM. Saturday morning came way too early. My mom came into our room at 6:30 AM with Adam and Eli. I guess Eli got a huge pout on his face and the only way my mom could cheer him up was to show him we were home!
Then it was off to Eden Prairie for my mom, dad and I for Christmas Tee with my Aunts. My mom did a beautiful job decorating the table.  I just love her Christmas plates and gold forks! This is a tradition that I can't seem to give up, even though it means missing the boys see Santa at the 3M Children's Christmas party every year. The picture below is blurry, but you get the idea- Eli doesn't like Santa!

Three surprising things happened once my parents and I got home from the Tea.  First my mom, Adam and I got to go for a bike ride because it was such mild day for December 1st.  Then when we got home I was doing push ups and sit ups which always ends with Adam or Eli on my back "helping".  Eli climbed on my back and my arms gave way so I was flat on the floor face down and he starts bouncing and cheering for me and when that didn't work he pulled on my pony tail! Then Dave decided to do push ups too.  Eli climbed on his back and started counting- all the way to ten.  I had no idea my 19 month old could count to ten! He must have learned that at school/daycare.  And the third surprising thing is I had a fellow Viking fan on Sunday.


Adam wanted to wear his Vikings jersey Sunday morning- despite Dad's best efforts to convince him to wear a Packer's jersey.  It was the Viking-Packer game on Sunday and we went to Adam's godparent's house to watch the game after church. We had a great busy weekend!

1 comment:

Party Bags Provider said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.