Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Express Christmas

Tuesday night I got a call from my sister in-law. She said she had the weekend off and wanted to meet us at Grandma's and Grandpa's house for Christmas and playing in the snow. So we finished our Christmas shopping and then packed the car to head to Cheesesconsin.

Saturday morning we made our first Frosty! As soon as we got in the house it started pouring rain so Frosty was pretty skinny when we left on Sunday.
Ann showed up with James and had a wonderful surprise to share with us.  James is going to be a Big Brother this summer! She took of his jacket and all I could see was the large "ER" and right away I knew she was pregnant.  Dave thought it was a hand-me down from Adam at first- ha!
Then we had the typical ridiculous Schwedler Christmas tree with presents and opening.

Sunday morning the boys and I decorated cut out cookies. They did the sprinkles and then made sure the cookies turned out okay.


The boys watched the Packer game and I got in my second run of the weekend (it was a balmy 40 degrees most of the weekend so I got to run outside).

My father in-law brought the old school Fisher Price Record Player saying it was broken and he was going to throw it out.  He said if I could fix it, I could have it.  So Dave and I got it open enough to spray some WD-40 in to make it work again. 
Dave and I left late in the afternoon for the drive home and we both commented on being bummed out, but then we realized Christmas was still more than a week away!

No comments: