Thursday, June 27, 2013

Elk's Park



The Saturday before Father's Day evening we went to a new park. We had to run errands at Menards so we stopped at a park that was near by afterwards. Elk's Park was wonderful. It has a shelter with picnic tables that are great for enjoying a scoop of the Flavor of the Day custard from Culvers (I don't know what makes you think we were eating custard). There is a flush potty and a great playground. Adam told us as we we were leaving, "I thought we could stay at the park all day long." There are five slides and several fun activities to do on the ground level. 


Besides the custard my favorite thing was Adam and Eli playing store. The service was really slow though, it was like a two year old was waiting on us. Eli said, "be right back" and then he'd run away and do nothing.

Unfortunately Elk's Park is on the other side of town so we didn't bike there, but it's good enough to go out of our way for a stop in the future. Maybe next time we'll bike?


Earlier that day I ran in my first 8k race for Water Carnival. I actually beat my goal of finishing in under 9 minute mile pace by running an 8:47 pace with a time of 44:26. My second goal was to run 8:30, but that was quite the stretch goal. I ended up getting second in my age group and receiving a medal!

No comments: