Monday, February 17, 2014

Let's All Have A Bowl Of Email

When I'm pregnant I pretty much give up cereal in the morning, which leaves me with two options- eggs and oatmeal. Eli likes to eat what I eat, except he calls oatmeal- email. It's so cute and I try to correct him, but I like the way it sounds when he asks for email. I think he knows it's really called oatmeal, because sometimes I catch him calling it that, but then later he will insist it's called email!

One more funny Eli story. We drove to the UP this weekend for Winter Carnival. Before we left for our long drive home we went to the Mineral Museum in Houghton. Eli ended up taking care of a #2 in the bathroom right before we left and swiftly fell asleep for his nap in the car ride home. He woke up over 2 hours later in Wisconsin and was extremely crabby yelling "ouchie, ouchie, ouchie!" I thought maybe the sun was in his eyes, but then we finally got him to use his words and he said he had pooped. So we found the next available bathroom 15 miles down the road and pulled over. Dave grabbed some spare clothes and prepared himself for the mess. Except the car smelt just fine and I have a very sensitive nose. A few minutes later Dave and Eli emerged from the bathroom- Eli in the same clothing. His pants were clean and he only peed. When we got back in the car we found a baby carrot in his car seat. Poor kid thought he had an accident because he was sitting on a baby carrot!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Good thing your brother Matt doesn't read your blog. He would be so disappointed.