Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby's Full Term (37w2d)

Well the baby was officially full term on Monday, meaning if I do go into labor I get to deliver here in Hutchinson! Yay! We had a doctors appointment on Monday. We found out the official results from ultrasound, baby was in the 49th percentile and everything looked great. I'm no longer measuring small, I was at 36 cm I think. Dr. Krenick said she doesn't typically do internal exams unless something has changed, so no news on dilation. Baby's heart rate was 137-145. And I tested negative for strep B.

Dave and I are both convinced the baby dropped last weekend (compare the pics below). I didn't think I could go to the bathroom more frequently than I was last week, but I am. I've also being told several times that I'm a lot bigger. And Monday morning I got the, you're still here comment. That's going to get soooo old.
35w2d:
37w2d:

Last Friday I got sick at work. I was really nauseous and called Dave to come take me home at 9:30in the morning. I took a long nap and by lunch time I felt a ton better, so I went back to work. All I could think is I'm not ready to be gone from work yet. So Monday and Tuesday I spent most of the day training my backups and feel much more prepared for maternity leave.

One last thing, Lora had her baby yesterday, a little boy named John David. That means that of the five pregnant ladies at work, four of them have had boys (I'm the fifth). Plus two out of the three men I work with who had pregnant wives had boys. Lora, Denise, Molly and I are all going to be sending our babies to the same daycare center, so if we manage to have a girl she'll be the only one in the infant room. But hey, she would have Michigan Tech odds, three boys to one girl!

No comments: