Sunday, December 19, 2010

Crafty Christmas

My mom is from a huge family. She's smack dab in the middle of 11 kids. Their Christmas party is always a week or two before Christmas in order for everyone to make it. My aunt Bernie has a huge heated garage and welcomes the whole family for the occasion. I missed the party two years ago because of work and a snow storm and I hated it. We were going to announce our pregnancy with Adam to the whole family, so my mom had to do it instead.

I didn't want to miss it this year either. So we packed up right when I got home from urgent care with Adam on Saturday morning and drove the hour and 45 minutes to Hugo. Little Man did great. It took him a while to warm up to Henry (he calls him 'Enry). I got to talk to all my aunts and uncles and cousins.

My favorite part of the day was my aunts brought out some boxes full of unfinished quilts and afghans and other crafts my grandma was working on for us to look over and take what we wanted. Grandma was a very crafty lady, but her eyes just don't allow her to do that kind of stuff anymore. It was fun to sort through it all with my aunts and cousins. I got two cross stitched squares of an owl:


and strawberries:

They will be framed and up on the nursery wall. I was originally thinking a pillow, but a baby doesn't need a pillow and I really, really like them and want to keep them safe. And I took a doily that is going to be starched and hung on my Christmas tree:

No comments: