Sunday, April 3, 2011

36 Weeks


36 weeks down and 4 more to go. It's hard to believe I'm almost full term. I'm trying to enjoy every moment our little family of three has together. These last few weeks have felt like the calm before the storm. I feel more prepared and know what bringing a new born home means, but with Adam around this time I'm not sure what to expect.


Friday we put Adam in the stroller and walked to Squeaky's for dinner. The wind had a little bite to it, but it felt good to go for a long walk. Afterwards we watched the Twins opening game.


Yesterday we made a big last trip into the cities to run errands. We stopped at IKEA, Peapods (to buy baby #2 hippie crunchy diapers) and then we dropped Adam off at grandma and grandpa's house. We went to Costco to stock up on some groceries and then out to dinner with friends we haven't seen in a long time. It was so nice to be able to catch up over a long dinner with adult conversation. The whole way home Dave and I couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had and that we need to do that kind of stuff more often.


Today I think I'm nesting (cleaning & organizing) a little bit. When I started vacuuming Adam sprinted to his room and came out with his lawn mower that we pretend is a vacuum. He "helped" me vacuum almost half the room. Dave mopped the kitchen floor. After church I cleaned out our Tupperware cupboard and organized all of our bottles. Right now Adam is finally down for a nap and Dave is out grocery shopping. We're going to have steaks on the grill for dinner -mmmm.

No comments: