Monday, September 10, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I signed up for a race in St. Paul September 1st thus sealing our fate that we would stay in town Labor Day weekend.  It was called Women Rock and it was a 10k, half and full marathon.  I was really considering the half, but ultimately decided I should run a 10k before I do a half marathon.  My goal was to finish in under an hour and I crushed my goal by finishing 56:38. The race itself was awesome.  It was fun to run with tons of women and I really enjoyed the 10k distance.  Now I'm really trying to get my courage and miles up for a half in October.  I haven't signed up yet, but I think I'm going to soon...
Our good friends took care of Brockway Friday night and then made us a wonderful supper on Saturday night when we came home from the cities.

The rest of the weekend was just relaxing around Hutchinson. Sunday after church and naps we went to Fort Ridgely for a little hiking and playing.




And on Monday we took a bike ride for ice cream and then played at the park by our church.


No comments: