Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Recap

The week before Christmas I got a brand new toy.  A pretty Canon 60D and I ordered and got it in time for Adam's Preschool Christmas Program in the mall. And then he got a fever- four of his 10 classmates were sick that day. I was so heartbroken, but there will always be next year!
Saturday Eli woke with that same fever.  We quicklly brought him to urgent care and our peditrician said, "oh don't deprive great grandma of her grandson because of a cold." So despite being ill we packed up that afternoon to go to Christmas in Hibbing with my dad's side of the family.

Before we left Adam and I got to go out cross country skiing.  Adam in the backyard and me at the local golf course.
Eli took a really long nap and then slept in the car for almost the whole drive.  So I shouldn't have been surprised at 2:30 AM in the hotel room when he decided not to sleep.  He was wide awake- for an hour we struggled to get him back to sleep.  Then Dave finally gave up and brought some toys into the bathroom for him to play.  Around 4:30 I relieved Dave and brought Eli down to the continental breakfast.

Normally my dad's family Christmas party is in the cities at one of my aunts houses.  But this fall my grandmother moved into a memory care facility so to make things easier the family travels to her.  We had a nice little Christmas brunch.

Monday was Christmas Eve. We got the house ready for my family to come.  My two brothers, my sister in-law Shar and my parents came to our house for Christmas Eve.  I was slightly worried about making it to mass, but decided 15 minutes early was all the more my little ones could handle and sitting at the back of church would be just fine. When we got to church the only seats were at the very back on folding chairs.  We settled in and two seconds later Father came over saying there was a spot in the very front row.  He ushered my family at the last minute to the very front pew.  Awesome!

We did the Christmas Program via skype with Dave's family in Wisconsin. It was probably the smoothest Christmas Program we've done since the boys came into the family.  Watching each other on a computer screen was that interesting.
Adam via skype putting Jesus in the manger

Eli putting the Little People Jesus in the manger
After the boys went to bed my family watched The Nutcraker while I outsourced my Christmas wrapping to India. (Seriously Shar is amazing at wrapping presents and she loves to do it- this year she even made picture tags so that Adam and Eli could hand out the presents).
Santa showed up and our tree was plum full of pretty presents. When Eli woke up the first thing he saw was the wrapped shovel, he walked over and picked up and said, "shovel." So much for Christmas surprises.
Santa brought the boys some awesome presents. Adam got Thor's hammer and Iron Mask and Eli got a Little People Santa Train and a bouncing ball and he filled their stockings.


The best part of having Christmas at home is we didn't have to go anywhere. There was time for playing with toys, watching Matt play video games, a work out at the gym, go running or skiing, eat roast beast and crab legs and have a late afternoon movie cuddle time. 


Before the boys went to bed we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. We didn't have cake so instead we used a cookie. It was a great Christmas, too bad we had to go back work the next day.



No comments: