Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

On New Years Eve Dave asked me what my favorite memories from 2012 were.  These aren't necessarly my favorite memories, but they are what 2012 means to me.

2012 started out very low with me coming to the relization that I was suffering from post partum depression.  Thankfully realizing it and talking to family, friends and my doctor and then starting a very low dose of zoloft helped me get back to normal.

Adam sucessfully became potty trained in January.  He went from toddler to preschooler!
Eli went from crawler to walker shortly after his birthday in May and baby to toddler.

With the lack of snow in Minnesota we took a family trip to the Upper Pennisula in February for lots of cross country skiing.  Adam got to ski for his first time!

 





We lost three family memembers in 2012. First was Dave's grandmother, then his uncle Mike and last was my grandfather. Although we were sad to say goodbye each funeral/memorial service ment spending time with family that we don't normally see. 

I planned two awesome birthday parties for my boys.



I trained for and ran my first 10k in September and half marathon in October. 


Dave won his fantasy baseball head to head compition with his coworkers which ment he got an all expensed paid trip to a Twins game in September. And he got to meet Kent Hrbek.
We took another vacation in the fall to the North Shore of Lake Superior.  It was a wonderful long weekend with lots of hiking and exploring with my little men.




At the end of June one of the production team advisors asked me if I was interested in becoming a product engineer and in the end of September I started my new job.  It's a challenge, but it is exciting to be doing something new.

Dave also accepted new responsibilities in 2012. Starting January 1st he is training to be a team leader.  It means doing swing shifts, but we are hopeful that it will mean the boys spending less time at daycare and more time with their parents. It does mean less time for Dave and I to be together, so scheduling a sitter and going on dates will be a must.

I'm not a huge fan of New Years Resolutions, but somewhere along 2012 I fell off the cloth diapering band wagon. My goal is to do cloth with Eli more often.  And if it means he's potty trained in year like Adam that would be awesome! (not going to hold my breath for that one though)

1 comment:

enTHRALLed said...

speaking of dates, we need to plan Zella's...