Sunday, January 19, 2014

2013 Recap

The boys grew in 2013.
Adam in January 2013

To Adam in December 2013- before his first Christmas Program!


Eli January 2013
To Eli January 2104- hamming it up for the camera. Turning into a little man more and more each day
January meant the start of shift work for David. It's not all bad, but after a whole year I miss having him around in the mornings or the evenings or at night when I sleep. Every shift has it's pluses and minuses and every week means the start of a different shift. I took the boys to their first movie when Dave was on afternoons- Wreck It Ralph.



 February we took a weekend trip to the Dells to visit with Dave's family. Something I need to make sure we do again this winter. Better start looking for a hotel and open weekends!


March is for taking baths and making bread sticks with daddy.


April was our wonderful trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon.


And Eli turned 2!

In May we finally found spring, which meant playing ball with our cousin and camping with our Tech friends at Gooseberry Falls. Plus a dueling pianos in my basement.



In June we went to the zoo with my grandma and the boys great grandma. It was a really special trip. June is when we started our Hutch Park Tour and instagramed the whole thing- finished the 23 parks just before the first snow fall in November.


And Adam turned 4 with a big Dino-Mite Party.
July we went on a trip to Wisconsin and Chicago to visit our new nephew and hang out with our siblings. 

And we got to cuddle our new nephew and cousin Nathaniel.
Time at the park by my parents house captured by my sister in-law Shar.
And the Riversong music festival. This year we brought Aunt Annie, our two nephews and both sets of grandparents along with our kids.
 August brought Packer Family Night- which was so much fun we may need to start a family tradition:



A great visit with great grandma and grandpa in Hibbing:
Followed by a broken leg for poor little Eli later that same day from Brockway:

September brought a trip for Dave and I to Boston and Acadia National Park alone. 


October we invited over a Lady Bug, Turkey and M&M to trick or treat with our Ironman and Hockey Player.

We also went to Duluth for the Michigan Tech Hockey game in October and on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite spots Jay Cook State Park for hiking.


November we went to Chicago for Thanksgiving and while we were there we went to the Fields Museum and met Sue. And this pregnancy must have really worn me out because I took next to no pictures in November.


My cool dudes in December! They wear their sun glasses at night.


And some post Christmas lego building.


It's hard to believe another year has gone by, but we are looking forward to the addition of another baby and sibling in 2014. Adam might start kindergarten this year and Eli will start preschool in the fall. Adam is really starting to recognize letters and the sounds they make. Crazy eights is a game we play almost daily as a family as well as puzzles and legos. The boys are also figuring out how to ice skate.  The boys are so big and self sufficient that I'm not sure I remember what to do with a newborn. I hope it comes back to Dave and I fast.


No comments: