Monday, July 7, 2014

"Isaac you are almost one month years old"- Adam

This isn't the official Isaac is one month old post, but more of a look back on Isaac's first month. When he was just five days old we took him to the farm for the last goodbye party with my mom's family after the interment of my grandparents. He got to meet his closet cousin in age Elliott (and Adam and Eli finally got to meet Elliott in real life too) and the majority of the extended family. It was probably more than I should have done that soon after my c-section, but looking back I am so glad we made the two hour trip to Hugo Minnesota.



We celebrated Father's Day on Sunday by resting and doing absolutely nothing other than watch the US Open and hold Isaac- which was perfect.


Then on Monday Dave went back to work full time and the big brothers went to daycare so Isaac and I could stay home and rest, recover and figure things out. The first week we both did a lot of napping!



Eli's second weekend in our family was spent in Hutchinson and he got to join us in our first #Hutchparktour2014 at the Elks Park to celebrate the start of summer. Isaac pretty much ate and slept and I kept the mosquitos from carrying him away. Sunday we found out the my grandmother Shan passed away and the funeral would be on Wednesday in Hibbing. We will miss my dad's mom greatly, she was put in Hospice care the day of Isaac's birth. It meant that Isaac at barely over two weeks old had met most of my mom and dad's side of the family! 
 Isaac being held by great grandpa Arne in Hibbing.

We drove up to Hibbing when Dave got off work on Tuesday and came home late on Wednesday. Then Thursday my big boy Adam turned 5! On Friday we took Isaac to Wisconsin for the first time to meet the rest of his cousins and his aunt Annie.
The boys made sure there was plenty of basement play time and swimming in a pool. I made sure the hammock was set up to get a nap in with my Isaac.

Before we left for Coleman Isaac's umbilical cord fell off so on Sunday morning Eli and Isaac took a bath together for the first time. Eli was even able to help me hold Isaac while I washed him. He also got held by everyone besides Nathaniel who got held many times too!


Poor Eli- all the other cousins in Dave's family were born in June and July besides him so we celebrated with a made from scratch banana cake and lots of candles for Nathaniel, Adam and James (we may have sang to Isaac too- I can't remember). Thankfully Elliott was born early in April so Eli and Elliott will share a birthday month on my side of the family.
Grandpa and all five grandsons!

We did learn why most people don't travel with a newborn. We stopped over six times on our 4 hour trip to Hibbing and I completely lost track of the number of stops we made on our way to Coleman Wisconsin. It took us an extra two hours to get to Coleman and we didn't hit any traffic in the cities. Isaac doesn't like having a dirty diaper, being hungry, he needs to be burped many times post eating and doesn't seem to like the dark. We plan to stay in Minnesota for most of July, so hopefully next time we travel it will go better.


No comments: