Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Madison Weekend

Last weekend my family got together at my aunts farm house in Madison. We were celebrating all of our birthdays (Matt, Shar, Henry, Dave and I all have birthdays with in 4 weeks of each other) except our birthdays were in August/September. It took a while to find a good weekend to get the family together on. And for our birthday we all got each other sick with H1N1! Nothing is better than that.

On Saturday Matt, Shar, Mom, my Aunt Therese and I ran a 5k. It was my first race since Adam was born. My goal was to run at least 10 minute mile pace. I started with Matt and we had a pace of about 9:40, but then at the halfway point he started running faster. I tried so hard to keep up, which was a bad idea and finally I settled back into my slow pace and accepted that he was going to beat me. I finished in 30 minutes 16 seconds so slightly better than my goal (I averaged 9 minute 46 second miles).
We actually celebrated our birthdays with a feast on Saturday night. We had manicotti and lasagna for dinner and then a white chocolate raspberry cheese cake and a dark chocolate cheese cake!

My aunt made this adorable blueberry hat for Adam. He really needed a winter hat and this one is made out of wool. We were out shopping after the race and I saw a little pumpkin hat and mentioned how cute it was. My aunt said she could make a hat like it and most likely have it finished before we left. Well we ended up waiting 10 extra minutes after the car was packed for the hat, but it was worth it :)

I was sad that we didn't get to see my cousin and her family, but we would have most likely got them all sick too, so it's better that they stayed away.

No comments: