Sunday, January 2, 2011

Little Brother


Well we had the 20 week ultrasound and we peaked. Adam is going to have a little brother! The ultrasound was on December 14th and it stills feels weird to know that we're having a boy.


We brought Adam with us to the ultrasound because he had a low grade fever and we weren't sure if we were going to send him to school. Originally I was going to have the ultrasound tech write it in a card that we would open via skype with the whole family on Christmas Eve. But the day of the ultrasound I decided I wanted to find out the three of us as a family first. We didn't tell our parents we knew. We waited a while to tell our friends and coworkers, too. It was nice to have a little family secret.


The weekend before Christmas at my Mom's family party we gave my mom a present and inside was a newborn Onesie that said "Little Brother". It's only fitting that our family find out that we're having another boy the same way they found out we were having another baby. We wrapped up the same onesie and had Dave's parents open it the first night we were there for Christmas.


Little boy #2 has big feet just like Adam. There was no Choroid Plexus Cyst and so far his head is a normal average size. He measured right on with my estimated due date- April 30th.


My coworkers had teased me a bunch that I was having twins, so as soon as I got back to work from my ultrasound I emailed them a phony ultrasound picture of twins. They believed it for a few minutes, but I probably shouldn't have used the first picture I found when googling ultrasound twins and I should have added my name and hospital to it. Oh well...

No comments: