Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Potty Training Mode

Adam's been peeing on the potty the here and there for several months.  But I think he's finally started to figure this potty training thing out. Twice while we were out and about this weekend our 2 year old started to act oh so very 2 (fit throwing). When food and distraction didn't work on Friday night I decided to remove him from the dinner table (we were at a restaurant with friends) and take him to the bathroom with me. He actually agreed that he needed to go potty too. His diaper was dry and he used the big potty. He kept the same diaper dry all Saturday morning and at the music festival when he started fit throwing and nothing seemed to be working he finally admitted to needing a diaper change. I took him to a remote area to do a discrete diaper change. I noticed the diaper was again dry, and this boy needed to pee. He was completely against the idea of putting his diaper back on. I abandoned the stroller and made a mad dash to the other side of the park for the port-a-potties. We made it just in time. Later on he told daddy "lets keep walking I have to go pee". And then again about an hour later he asked to go pee again (and did). He still wets and nap time and poops in his diaper, but he made it most of the day in the same dry diaper.

Then all day Monday I kept asking him if he needed to go pee and every time I checked his diaper it was wet and he couldn't pee in the potty.  Monday night at Music in the Park he kept his diaper dry and as we were leaving he ran to the port-a-potty and asked to go.  Maybe he just really likes port-a-potties?  Some days are better than others.  I'm thinking I might just order some training undies and give it a go for a couple of days before I go back to work. 

No comments: