Monday, June 8, 2009

Sounds like a Girl (38w0d)

Today we started out the day at the doctors office. We had the first appointment of the day at 8:30. I was weighed and had my blood pressure checked by Angie (Dr. Krenik's nurse) and then put in a room to wait. After about ten minutes Angie came back and told us Dr. Krenik was in the hospital with a patient, so she would be running an hour behind. We had three choices: wait the hour, schedule an appointment for tomorrow or meet with Dr. Byron the on call doctor in urgent care today. I decided I'm here now- let's meet with Dr. Byron.


It was strange to meet with a male doctor, but he was extremely nice. We talked about how not much had changed since the last appointment a week earlier and my blood pressure and weight looked good. Then I got up on the table to be measured and check baby's heart rate. My belly was measuring 36 cm, which is the same as last week I think. Then we listened to baby's heart rate. It was hard to hear because of the bad doppler they had in the urgent care room, but it was 150 then baby moved and it went up to 167. Dr. Byron asked us if we knew the sex and I said no. He then said, "well sounds like a girl to me".
I can't believe I'm posting a picture of my naked belly at 38 weeks, but my hand did a pretty good job covering up the stretch marks. Trust me- they exist!

No comments: