Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Waiting (40w2d)

It's been hard waiting past our due date for Baby Schwedler. Yesterday we thought for sure I was in labor. Contractions were strong and close together for a couple hours in the evening, but when I laid down on the couch to relax they started to get further apart. After watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother we decided to get ready for bed. Dave called the hospital and they thought there was a good chance I was in early labor and would be seeing them later in the night when the pain was too much to handle. Well I went to bed and had several contractions, the last thing I remember thinking was I'll never be able to sleep through these contractions... next thing I knew it was 4 am, I was awake from a leg cramp and my contractions were gone. Darn false labor, I thought today would be my baby's birthday!
Belly pic 40w1d:
So today I went to work extremely tired and crabby. Thankfully my mood improved when the sun came out. Tonight we took Brockway for a long 3 mile walk down by the river. It's so nice that the weather is finally cooler.

No comments: