Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Mamma Knows

Well about an hour after I got to work on Monday morning I noticed my voice mail blinking.  Day care called and wanted to know what was up with Eli's rash on his face.  So I called and made what I thought was an urgent care appointment at 11:10.  We weren't seen until 12:50 and Eli was out of daycare for 2.5 hours.  Dave waited with Eli for the first hour and I took the second hour of waiting.  It was frustrating to say the least, especially since at one point the receptionist told us we were next to have a little boy who showed up after us get called in first.  Then we waited in the exam room.  When the doctor finally came in she took one look at it and said, "you know what this looks like, fifths disease."  Exactly what I thought.  So she checked his ears for good measure and we were gone in less than five minutes.  Oh well at least we know for sure what it is and day care can rest easy knowing Eli isn't infecting any other babies.

As for our clinic- I learned that urgent care appointments don't exsist and from 11-1 PM only one doctor is availible so skip going over our lunch break despite how convenient it sounds.  Then this morning Eli woke up with a hot little fever.  Guess he is contiguously sick and staying home today.  Grandma and Grandpa are here from Wisconsin to help care our sick little boy!  Although he's had a fever all day long he didn't seem super pathetic sick Eli.


PS No pee accidents today!!!!  Small victories.

No comments: