Sunday, March 4, 2012

Standing, Climbing and Bowling Oh My

I love the fact that he was practically doing "Ta-Da" with his hands when he would stand up

Friday night we took the boys to their first musical.  It was the musical that the third graders put on every year and this year it was based on the book The Quilt Makers Gift (My coworkers wife is the music teacher at the grade school and she actually wrote the musical herself, that is so cool!).  It was only an hour long and it kept Adams interest completely.  Eli was immediately interested at the beginning with pointing and lots of saying "da", but after a couple of songs and dancing he would loose interest during the narration.  So I would let him stand and play in between my legs and then pick him up to watch the singing and dancing.  It worked out great.


This weekend was a little rough for Mr. Eli.  Saturday he started to push himself up to standing and then balance for a few seconds unassisted.  This of course leads to falling and for the most part he is graceful and tough, but several falls did not go so well and he has the bruises and cuts to show for it.
He fell while I was taking pictures, so I snapped one last quick picture and then there was lots of mommy cuddling to make it better
Saturday night my parents babysat the boys here in Hutchinson and Dave and I went out for date night.  We had a wonderful 2 hour dinner at Zellas with a bottle of wine and dessert!  And then we met up with some friends for bowling.

Sunday Eli found yet another new skill to work on- climbing up the stairs.  I knew this day was coming.  Dave and I never put up the gate I purchased for the bottom of the stairs because Adam mastered safely going down the steps shortly after he figured out he could climb up them.  So I guess I have a project for us to work on!

I went skiing with Adam and my parents at the Crow River golf course on Sunday morning.  Adam skied with his skies at first, but then agreed that he was tired and wanted to ride on my back.  We were blazing our own trail and Adam suggested we go down the hill.  I never liked the hill leading to the green on hole one and now I have even more reason to despise it.  I fell big time with Adam on my back.  He didn't cry, so I don't think he got hurt, but I could tell he got really nervous when I even got near a hill the rest of the time we were skiing.

After what should have been naptime we went to a family bowling event put on by our work.  (Adam's getting older and today he didn't sleep at all for the 1.5 hours he was supposed to be napping).  Adam got to bowl for the first time with his buddy Nathaniel.  He loved bowling and cheering for the ball as it rolled down the lane.  At the end of the session they turned down the lights and did cosmic bowling.  Eli loved watching the crazy lights and Adam and Nathaniel both danced and danced to the music.  It was an enjoyable family activity.


No comments: