Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shower

Sometimes it feels like life just repeats itself.  Two years ago Adam was nearing his first birthday when I helped my mother in law plan Ann's jungle animal themed baby shower for James.  Today I brought my almost 11 month old to my cousin Rachel's jungle animal themed shower that I helped plan.  Again I had visions of taking pictures and mingling with guests, but it's hard to wrangle an almost 1 year old.  But the shower was beautiful and we managed to cram both sides of baby Owen's family in my grandparents small farm house for the party.


Rachel's sisters are extremely talented.  Jenny handled the decorations and Hannah made some of the best cupcakes.  I wish I had more pictures of the really cute decorations.  They had pom poms and I loved the map pendent flag.  I have to make one of these for the two special birthdays we have coming up.
I did the games and made really cute onesie cookies that I forgot to take a picture of.  Rachel is due April 28th, so maybe her son will share a birthday with Eli?  And Eli helped open presents, which I did get a picture of.
In Eli news that third tooth is finally broken through on top and his rash/hives finally started to fade.  I found out that several of my aunts and uncles are allergic to Amoxicillin, so sorry Eli but I think we'll have to find different antibiotics for you to use.  (Since Eli's rash actually got worse Friday I took him with to my appointment to see our family doctor.  She thought the rash might be from a viral infection, so we'll run an antibody test at his 1 year appointment, but I'm expecting the results to find no antibodies = amoxicillin allergy for Eli)

No comments: