Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Constructing Adam's Third Birthday Party


I came up with the idea of a construction themed birthday party for Adam a long time ago. Adam loves construction equipment, playing in the sandbox with his tucks and reading all of his construction books, so it just seemed like the perfect Birthday theme. Just like Eli's Little Man party- I used pinterest as my inspiration for the party. This time I designed my own invite in Photo Shop Elements (thanks to my inlaws for that awesome gift). And then I had them printed at a local print shop on card stock.
The "A" marked the spot for the party. I put hazard tape everywhere- even the juice boxes and water bottles had hazard tape.

I knew I wanted to make something special for the kids at the party. I made them each a tool belt with their name on it and they got a hard hat or PPE (Party Protection Equipment). As they left the party they got to pick up tools to put in their belt- stickers, tool cookies and construction equipment cookie cutters.
 "Dig In" to our food table. We had no shortage of construction colored snacks- goldfish, cheddar popcorn, munchies mix, hummus, reeses pieces and tool cookies.  There was also the standard summer fruit salad and veggie platter.

The cake was fun to make. Adam picked out funfetti cake mix and I frosted it with chocolate. I didn't have enough time to finish the cake- it was still under construction (haha).

For dinner I went the super easy route of ordering pizza from Jake's. Adam's party was on a Friday night so I didn't have a ton of time to prepare food and decorate with my half day of vacation I took from work.  I covered all the tables with orange vinyl and hazard tape (all stuff from 3M).
I bought Adam a special hand made three shirt from a little boutique shop in town and we all wore something to go with the construction theme. I wore hazard strips, Dave construction orange and Eli an "I dig dirt" shirt.




Cute Adam story- Denise was trying to decide if she wanted to wear the dress above. I said I thought it was cute and then Adam walked into the room and unprompted said, "Nice dress grandma". Needless to say she wore the dress to the party. 
We even had a construction soundtrack to go with our party.  Three of our neighbors were getting their roofs  done and so the noise of hammering was in the air. The boys had to be up on the deck to peak and see the action a couple roofs away.


And then the boys had to hammer and fix stuff too. Below is Adam and his friend Nathaniel "fixing" the boat.
It was a great party and I hope everyone had as much fun at the party as I had planning it. Next party is going to be another baby shower for a Hutch friend. And then Eli's Godmother and my Cousin Maggie's wedding shower! 




No comments: