Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eli's Coming, Hide Your Heart, Girl

Dave and I had several girls names picked out before the big 20 week ultrasound, but we were struggling to find boys names that we liked this pregnancy. We had a long list of 10 boys names, but none of them really sounded right. Then we found the name Eli going through the baby name book and 2009 social security list of baby names and it just sounded so right. Our book says it's Hebrew for height. I liked that it was short and sweet just like Adam and it's number 90 on the social security name list (Adam was 74). We did keep the name secret from everyone besides Adam. I just love the way says his brother's name.

We didn't officially name him Eli until after my parents left the night of his birth and then I still had to finalize his middle name. So the next morning we told everyone Eli's name. When my parents came to the hospital they kept singing "Eli's Coming, hide your heart girl." I had never ever heard of that song, so today I listened to it and decided it's pretty fitting, Eli definitely stole my heart already!


And the 2010 Social Security list of popular baby names came out a few days after Eli's birth. His name is now #65 on the list- so it's gaining popularity. Oh well.

No comments: