Tuesday, May 31, 2011

1 Month Old



Eli you are one month old now. You marked your one month birthday with the huge milestone I've been waiting for, you started to smile. Last week you gave me a couple smirks when I was all by myself, but then on Saturday the day after you became one month old you showed us some real big smiles. And on Sunday in church you spotted your dad and me looking down at you in your little car seat and we both got the most beautiful full smile with a tongue.

I was not expecting you to be sick this young, but with having an older brother in daycare I shouldn't be surprised you've already had your first cold. You've had a stuffy noise for a little over a week and it's been no fun to listen to you try and breath. You've been taking most of your naps upright in your swing and at night sometimes you sleep in your bouncy chair. Dad and I are getting to be experts using the suction bulb to try and help you clean out your noise. Even Adam will get a Kleenex and try and help you wipe your noise when you sound extra stuffy.

You like being held, your nuk, eating and sleeping. Now that you smile I'll get to figure out more of your likes. I do know that you don't really care for tummy time or hanging out on the floor, so you spend most of your time in the swing or in some form of baby carrier. You're a really easy going baby so far just like your brother!

No comments: