Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Waiting Game

I try so hard to enjoy every moment I get with my little ones the way they are right now. But sometimes I find myself dreaming about their next stage and how wonderful it will be when they are just a little bit older. Won't it be great when Adam isn't throwing tantrums all the time? I'm so anxious for Eli to look up at me and return my smile. But if they do move on to that next stage I will miss things about the way they are right now. Like how Eli makes the cutest mouse noises or the pouty face he makes when he stretches after eating or how he shakes his head when he latches. And how my Little Man, Adam adds an extra "L" into many words- like flower is said floler and how much he loves to give kisses and hugs. Someday my request for a hug and a kiss will be met with a not cool mom. I need to live for the way my boys are right now and stop wishing for them to move on to the next stage. Especially because in this current stage their interactions with each other are nothing but tender, someday I'm sure it won't be like this.

No comments: