Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 Year Check Up

Goodness, I'm starting to feel like all my posts start with the number 2 lately.  Well this is the last one I promise (for this month at least).  I'm just happy we made it to the appointment.  I had to wake Eli up from a nap which always means it's meal time to him.  At first it was just little tsk tsk noises, that changed to whimpers when we got in the car and after leaving daycare with Adam Eli was full on protest mode.  His crying cycles from forceful "I want it right now" to pathetic whimpers and sighs.  When we got to the clinic the cycling was over and only loud yelling was left.  So I attempted several times to hold him off while checking in with the nuk, but that wasn't working either.  I picked up Adam and we bolted toward central waiting.  How was I going to keep the toddler entertained and close by while I nursed Eli discreetly?  Adam spotted the kids waiting area at the back of the room- "I want to play with the trees," he said.  Basically it's a little alcove with three big trees coming out of the walls and a ton of little chairs.  So I grabbed a kiddie magazine just in case and set Adam free in the alcove. Eli ate and Adam played, but even the efficient nurser Eli couldn't be quicker than the time it took for Adam to loose interest and wander away from me.  I called, but he wasn't coming back and Eli was only half way done.  So I quick put myself back together and got up to grab Adam and thankfully at that same moment Dave appeared from work and we were back to man on man coverage.  One is easy peasy- two - one being mobile and the other needing you to have nothing but a thin blanket covering your dignity is hard.

And back to the title of this post- Adam is still our little Little Man.  He's 24 pounds 8 ounces- 11th percentile.  Length is 33.25 inches- 22nd percentile and his head is hanging out in the 99th percentile at 20.25 inches.  We discovered he's a little flat footed and discussed how low energy he is for a boy and how advanced his language skills are.  Apparently all a two year old should be able to do is put two words together.  Adam's saying full sentences and has been for a long time.  When he's at home all he does is jabber all day long.  I love it because it fills Eli's ears with language.  I still find it hard to talk to an infant when I'm alone with Eli, but with Adam around it's easier. No shots today- no more until he's 4 years old.  So yay for Adam! 

And for sticking with it and reading the whole post here's a picture of my two year old.  Mickey Mouse baseball jammies, a hockey stick and a garbage can on his head.  Totally normal two year old fashion.

No comments: