Sunday, September 25, 2011

Three Stories

I dressed Eli in his Vikings jersey just so dad could take him to his Packer fans draft party.  Dave didn't notice it right away when he got home, but on the first tee box (I was golfing that night) I got a call asking me what my son was wearing.  I told Dave not to worry a spare outfit was already packed in the diaper bag.  Dave showed up at the draft party and right away everyone gave him a hard time about his son's outfit.  He went to find Eli's spare outfit, but all he found in the diaper bag was a second Vikings jersey!  I don't try and trick Dave often, but this was soo worth it.

Later that night I realized that I had both sets of keys and Dave had none.  So I packed the boys up so I could bring Dave one set of keys.  On the way there Adam starts asking me questions, "where are we going?"
My response, "To see daddy and give him his keys."
Adam,"Where's daddy?"
Me,"At the draft party."
Adam, "Daddy's getting players?"
Me, "Wow Adam, how do you know that?"
Adam, "I'm two years old mommy!"

And yesterday Dave and I were quizing Adam on his nap at daycare.  Basically trying to figure out if he really slept, because he didn't nap for me on Thursday.  So we asked him if he slept at daycare for Emily.
And his response was, "Emmolly petted me."
So I said, "Emily did what?"
"Emmolly petted me."
"I don't understand Adam, what did Emily do?"
"Emmolly rubbed my back."
Oh wow that makes much more sense.  It impresses me that if we don't understand what he's trying to tell us he will rephase his response or use different words.  His speech is so good for how old he is.

No comments: