Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Nickel Dickel 5k


I completed my first 5k post baby on Saturday. My girlfriend Brooke started running this summer and motivated me to sign up for the Nickel Dickel 5k in Waconia. It's probably the furthest I've ever traveled for only a 5k, but it was a big fun race and I was not ready for the 10k. 

The Friday before the race we invited over the other three girls I was running with and their families for a pasta feed. We had 7 little boys 5 and under and it was a lot of fun. I want to host dinners like that more often!

I beat my first 5k post Adam, but not post Eli with a time of 28:44. I ran 9 minute miles for the first two miles and then slowed to 9:45 for the last mile and actually had to walk with a 100 meters left due to going up a large hill. But the main thing is I finished and it felt good. I'm signed up to do the Spooky Sprint and contemplating running in the Fall Color Run again. I missed running races!


No comments: