Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Decorating

Last spring I went a little crazy making decorations for spring/Easter and I thought it was just nesting before Eli's birth, but this fall all I wanted to do was decorate and craft again.  Maybe it's a mom thing- that's what I'll blame it on.  Adam helped me make a fall leave wreath.  I've had the supplies for this project for years, so I'm happy it's finally done and hanging on our door.
I save some of Adam's art projects he's made at school and this pumpkin windsock is among my favorites from 2010.  I like it best when you can see that Adam really worked on it versus sitting next to his teacher while they do all the work.

I got this idea from another blog when I was searching for fall themed craft projects to do with the boys.  It turned out a little different than the way I had imagined thanks to a little creative hand printing from Adam, but I love it even more this way!  The yellow was from Eli and I used a canvas so it would hang up easy and hopefully keep through the years.

And the knitting bug has bitten me bad.  First it was just I have to make a pumpkin hat for the boys, but now I find myself doing random searches for knitting instructions for just about anything.  The hat turned out so cute, but it's a little to big for Mr. Eli and to small for Adam.  So two more pumpkin hats might be in my knitting future.

No comments: