Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trapped in a Closet

It was a short work week, but yet oh so long.  Dave was at work 12 + hours every day, which left me a single mom for 4 days straight.  Our house is very "lived in" at the moment.  To tell you the truth I making an effort to not keep up with the cleaning.  I want my energy to go into taking care of, playing and having fun with my little men and what ever is left will go toward working out and then cleaning.

But the new week started today- that's right we only got one family Saturday before Dave had to go back to work again.  So I took the boys to church alone and we all survived.  Thankfully my parents showed up to help me this afternoon.  It felt so freeing to be able to go back to man on man coverage plus. 

Anyway it's turning out to be a late night for Dave, so severe thunderstorms and a tornado warning for my county and what do I do... make a pillow bed and grab the boys to hang out in the bathroom.  Turns out after I settled in to the bathroom that the warning was for only half of my county- the half my house does not reside in.  But I stuck it out and now that the rain, thunder and lightening have stopped I think we may end up back in my bed for the night.

No comments: